Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) use in adults
- In the treatment of infections of skin and soft tissues of moderate severity, it is recommended to take one tablet of Cipro 500mg every 12 hours. In this case duration of Cipro use is from 5-7 days.
- In the treatment of severe infectious diseases of skin and soft tissues, daily dosage of Cipro is 1500mg (one tablet of Cipro 750mg / 2 times a day). In this case Cipro 750mg tablets are taken during 14 days.
Regardless of infectious process severity, antibiotic Cipro should be taken during 2-3 days after disappearance of symptoms and clinical infection signs.
Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) use in children
- In antibacterial therapy of infectious diseases of skin and soft tissues, daily dose of Cipro depends on child’s body weight.
- Minimum daily dose of Cipro is 10mg per 1 kg of child’s body weight.
- Total daily dosage of Cipro should not exceed 750 mg in the treatment of infectious diseases of bacterial genesis.
Antimicrobial activity and antibacterial effectiveness of Cipro (Ciprofloxacin)
- Antibiotic Cipro possesses pharmacological property to destroy the cell wall of pathogenic bacteria. Destruction of cell wall of bacterial microorganism enhances bactericidal and antibacterial activity of Cipro against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- Cipro has a strong bactericidal action on all phases of growth and metabolism of bacteria. While penicillins, cephalosporins and aminoglycosides act only on rapidly multiplying bacteria. This makes Cipro drug more effective in the treatment of chronic, deeply localized and difficult-to-treat infections.
- Even minimum inhibitory concentrations of Cipro help to prevent rapid resumption of bacteria growth due to its powerful post-antibiotic effect.
- Thus, post-antibiotic effect of Cipro drug not only prevents re-growth of bacteria but also increases the duration of its antibacterial effect.