Cipro is a brand name of active substance Ciprofloxacin. Ciprofloxacin is one of the most active antimicrobial drugs of fluoroquinolones group. Pharmaceutical company Bayer HealthCare is manufacturer and supplier of antibiotic Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) on the international and regional markets of pharmaceutical products.
Antibiotic Cipro is prescribed to treat various bacterial and microbial infections, including surgical infections, skin infections and soft tissues infections (except for CNS infections).
Successful use of Cipro drug in patients with surgical infections is due to a wide antimicrobial spectrum of the drug. Antimicrobial spectrum of Cipro drug includes most of the basic causative agents of surgical infections – gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic bacteria.
In modern clinical practice, antibiotic Cipro is actively used to treat surgical infections, including infections caused by bacteria strains resistant to the newest medications groups, such as penicillins, cephalosporins and aminoglycosides.
Cipro drug is well proved itself in the treatment of diseases, such as:
- gangrene of the extremities in diabetic patients;
- nfectious atherosclerotic vascular lesion;
- infectious osteomyelitis (including osteomyelitis, complicated by an infection of the soft tissues surrounding the bone).
Clinical trials have demonstrated high efficiency of Cipro in the treatment of postoperative infections, such as peritonitis; appendicitis; intra-abdominal abscess; cholecystitis; cholangitis; postoperative urinary tract infections and postoperative gynecological infections.
Patients who underwent emergency surgery for medical reasons are prescribed Cipro not only for the treatment but also for prophylaxis of infectious diseases.
Cipro has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity against all gram-negative pathogens, including Pseudomonas aeruginosa, as well as Staphylococcus aureus and other gram-positive pathogens of infectious diseases.
High degree of antibacterial activity allows to prescribe antibiotic Cipro to treat severe infections, such as septicemia, bacteremia and bacterial infection in immunocompromised patients.
Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) use in adults
- In the treatment of infections of skin and soft tissues of moderate severity, it is recommended to take one tablet of Cipro 500mg every 12 hours. In this case duration of Cipro use is from 5-7 days.
- In the treatment of severe infectious diseases of skin and soft tissues, daily dosage of Cipro is 1500mg (one tablet of Cipro 750mg / 2 times a day). In this case Cipro 750mg tablets are taken during 14 days.
Regardless of infectious process severity, antibiotic Cipro should be taken during 2-3 days after disappearance of symptoms and clinical infection signs.
Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) use in children
- In antibacterial therapy of infectious diseases of skin and soft tissues, daily dose of Cipro depends on child’s body weight.
- Minimum daily dose of Cipro is 10mg per 1 kg of child’s body weight.
- Total daily dosage of Cipro should not exceed 750 mg in the treatment of infectious diseases of bacterial genesis.
Antimicrobial activity and antibacterial effectiveness of Cipro (Ciprofloxacin)
- Antibiotic Cipro possesses pharmacological property to destroy the cell wall of pathogenic bacteria. Destruction of cell wall of bacterial microorganism enhances bactericidal and antibacterial activity of Cipro against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- Cipro has a strong bactericidal action on all phases of growth and metabolism of bacteria. While penicillins, cephalosporins and aminoglycosides act only on rapidly multiplying bacteria. This makes Cipro drug more effective in the treatment of chronic, deeply localized and difficult-to-treat infections.
- Even minimum inhibitory concentrations of Cipro help to prevent rapid resumption of bacteria growth due to its powerful post-antibiotic effect.
- Thus, post-antibiotic effect of Cipro drug not only prevents re-growth of bacteria but also increases the duration of its antibacterial effect.
At our online pharmacy you can buy Cipro online at low price, having placed an order for the delivery of big packaging of Cipro pills. When buying big packaging of Cipro pills, as well as in case of repeat orders of Cipro, you will be able to get a discount. Buying Cipro online at discount price you will be able to offset your costs for the payment of postal service and thereby, to reduce the final cost of antibacterial treatment course of infectious diseases.
Buying cheap Cipro no prescription you can contact for a free consultation to our pharmacist. You can buy cheap Cipro no rx and get a professional consultation of our pharmacist 24 hours a day from any world country. Our pharmacist can provide you with more information on how to buy cheap Cipro online at discount price. To do so you should contact him by any convenient way.